Today, it won’t be long, but rather straight to the point with a simple question:
- Is it looking the part with fancy clothes, a flash website and fancy business cards?
- Is it having all the right processes, procedures and business structures in place?
- Is it how you present yourself?
- Is it your business correspondence, such as letterhead, email signatures and so on?
- Is it how you handle yourself, your employees, your sub-contractors when things are going wrong – as well as when they’re going right?
- Is it your professional approach?
- Is it that you always send legal contracts when your project proposals?
- Is it use of professional finance management software?
- Is it how you deal with an unprofessional client?
- Is it the number of hours you put in to your business (or that you don’t work yourself to death)?
- Is it how you reward your best clients?
- Is it the number of skills and level of knowledge you have?
- Is it the number of conferences you attend yearly?
- Is it your involvement in the local user groups?
- Is it your involvement in the local community?
- Is it your contribution to Open Source projects?
- Is it your source code on Github?
- Is it your blog?
- Is it the current new skill, hot trend or topic that your learning all about?
- Is it your thoughtfulness and consideration towards younger developers?
In your opinion, what is a professional PHP freelancer to you? And are you it? Leave your opinion in the comments.
Don’t Miss The Next Tutorial!
Drop your email in the box below, and get it straight to your inbox, PLUS exclusive content only available by email. No spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time.