So what’s the return mean?
The blog is going to be covering the following areas:
- Videocasts of some great software, starting with Cornerstone 2 and Github for Mac
- A regular monthly podcast
- Redesign of the site in to a more modern, newsletter-format
- Talking about strategies on working as a software freelancer and how to work with other freelancers
- Great technologies, such as Zend Server (CE), ZeroMQ, PostgreSQL, Symfony and more MongoDB and Zend Framework
- Plus, getting in to the videocast series on building a good piece of software with the Zend Framework.
- Design patterns
- How labour intensive Zend Framework is to start from scratch (but quicker when you drop in modules)
- Rapidly learning the differences between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- How database design decisions affect your code and vice-versa (when you’re using Zend_Db)
- Use of views and updateable views to aid development efforts
- The features that PostgreSQL has that MySQL doesn’t that make it a more ideal choice for rapid application development
- Intermixing a NoSQL database and a more traditional RDBMS